Application Process for Fall/Spring Semester
Fall Semester: April 1
Spring Semester: October 15
Application process has four steps:
- applying for our program at your study-abroad office,
- filling out our program‘ s independent application formulaire
- applying for a visa
- paying a non-refundable fee which will, however, be credited to your tuition price
Application Process in Detail
- inform your Study-Abroad Office about your desire to participate in our program. Proceed according to their instructions. Once cleared by them,
- fill out this Intercultural Studies Application Form and e-mail it to the program director, Prof. David Robbins, and to the program’s executive manager, Mgr. Marcela Janickova.
The application form consists of two sections:
- personal information
- an essay in which we ask you to give a brief account of your academic situation, what you expect from the program, and why you think that you would benefit from it. When writing this essay, please be thorough. It is not a formal excercise — it is important to find out whether the program fits your needs and Prof. Robbins and Ms. Janickova will help you to answer that question. They may also ask you to supply additional information.
Ms. Janickova will promptly inform you about whether you were accepted into ISP.
- apply for a student visa: Ms. Janickova will send you 2 documents essential for the application. You need to add 6 more items to your visa application (see section on Visa). Putting together a visa application dossier is rather simple, it can be done within a week. The Czech Republic embassy or consulate can take as many as 60 days to consider the application. So you need to make sure you mail it in by November 5 (Fall students) or by June 15. The earlier rather than later.
- pay a non-refundable fee to the Intercultural Studies Program. The fee will be credited to the total cost of tuition and housing. Students/universities are billed about a month before the due date.
Fee for the fall/spring semesters: $700
Payment is due by June 15 (fall students) or by October 31 (spring students).
The invoice for this fee is issued ca 20 days before the expected payment day.