Our study-abroad program offers you a key to success in the globalized world.
It is unique in comparison with others offered in Prague due to the following features that intermingle to create an integrated experience.
- Participants take two mandatory courses that give students an overview of Central European history and an insight about the differences in cultural values of Americans and Europeans that manifest in their respective societies.
In addition to these two core courses students can choose from over 800 electives taught in English.
- Charles University is an elite university in Central Europe, attracting excellent top-notch faculty and students. Czechs and other Europeans make up a majority of the student population. This gives American students an excellent opportunity to get to know other cultures.
- ISP requires students to have a 3.0 or better GPA. It has an intimate atmosphere because only 12 students are accepted each semester. There are 3 permanent faculty dedicated just to this program who also help students with administrative and day-to-day issues.
- ISP covers 4 guided tours and 5 guided trips, both inside and outside the Czech Republic (Vienna, Cesky Krumlov, Karlstejn Castle, hiking trips etc.) Prague is about 5 hours away from 4 regional capitals: Berlin, Vienna, Bratislava, Budapest and from other marvelous cities.
- The cost of living in the Czech Republic is half that in the U.S. or the Euro-zone countries such as UK, France, Germany, Spain etc.
- Prague is a great place to be: gorgeous, cosmopolitan yet not overwhelming, extremely low level crime, no immigrant issues that plague many other European countries. People of all ages and tastes find great entertainment here. Czechs are respectful people and English-friendly.
Fall Semester: April 1
Spring Semester: October 15
March 15 (for students without visa obligation),
March 1 (for students with visa obligation)